Just be sure to allow enough time – about an hour – to get them on the table. That’s an hour where you can pretty much go off and do other things, but it’s still time you need to plan for.
Here’s the recipe:
Makes 2 servings per large sweet potato
Prep Time- 10 minutes
Total Start to Finish Time – approximately 60 minutes
Cost per serving – approximately 30-40¢
1 medium to large sweet potato (for every 2 servings)
2-3 tablespoons canola oil
Recipe continues after photos.
- Turn oven to 400°F bake.
- Wash and scrub 1 large sweet potato (for every two servings).
- Remove the worst of the damaged parts.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then continue slicing each half into thin slices. Cut the slices to make relatively uniform wedges about ¼ inch thick.
- Measure 2-3 tablespoons of oil into a mixing bowl and add the potato wedges. Toss the potatoes in the oil to coat them completely.
- Shake some salt and pepper over the potatoes and toss them again.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer in a large cookie sheet.
- Place the sheet in the pre-heated oven and turn the temperature down to 350°F.
- Set the timer for 25 minutes as a reminder to turn the potatoes. When the timer goes off, turn them carefully and return them to the oven. Set the timer for another 20 minutes.
- Check them when the timer goes off to see if they’re done to your taste, or if you’d like to cook them a bit longer. Set a timer as a reminder.
- The potatoes are done when they are golden and somewhat crispy.